Equisoft, a leading global provider of digital business solutions for the insurance and wealth industries, is actively seeking new talent! The Director – Architecture & Application Integration reports to the Vice-President, US Operations and works closely with the Integration team. The candidate specializes in business services and solutions that address the needs of the insurance industry.
The ideal candidate has skills for personnel management, thought leadership around architecture and application integration of Oracle Insurance Policy Administration (OIPA) implementations, databases, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), data transformation tools, the ability to adapt to varying project and organizational requirements, and the willingness to learn and adapt. Knowledge of the insurance industry will receive strong consideration. Additionally, role may oversee resources engaged on architecture and application integration for our wealth products as well as OIPA and our suite of Insurance applications. If you are looking to grow within a dynamic international context, please send us your resume!
A Day In Your Life
- Manage team of managers, developers, architects, and integration specialists, including career development, mentoring, and semi-annual reviews.
- Support team of developers, architects, and integration specialists on project assignments – act as an escalation point for staff, provide guidance, suggestions, facilitate communication
- Support pre-sales initiatives, including demonstrations, RFP/RFI, and POCs
- Support solutions architects or technical lead in starting new projects – leading initial discussions and presentations with clients to define technical project structure
- Deployments & topology
- Technology stack
- Ongoing project escalation point – meeting with clients on steering committee meetings, escalation point
- Responsible for personnel-related processes regarding recruiting, interviewing, hiring, performance management and other human resource-related duties required of a manager
- Responsible for implementing Equisoft strategic initiatives, such as cloud, hosting, operational structure/staffing around supporting client SLAs
- Responsible for team resource allocations and forecasting, as well as anticipated needs on pre-sales POCs and project allocations
- Travel (expected to be 30% or less) as required to clients, prospects, and other Equisoft locations.
- Provide senior leadership/representation & assist in strategic decision making with clients.
- Be expected to bill for project time as appropriate and mutually agreed with SVP, USA.
- Fill-in during vacations & leave for technical staff on your team
- Management & leadership skills – consistent decision maker who instills a sense of confidence and gains respect of staff on their team
- Ability to self-start, delegate tasks, multi-task, and manage conflicting priorities
- S in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experiences
- Experience in Java programming, integration strategies, and system development life cycle methodology (8+ years)
- Experience in information/data analysis, data modeling, and technical business analysis (4+ years)
- Strong, well-rounded knowledge of all aspects of OIPA implementations:
- Solutions Architecture
- Business Analysis for main functional processes in life & annuity policy administration processes
- Team leadership
- Configuration Architecture
- Ability to develop and lead technical integrations and resources for our non-OIPA software for both Insurance and Wealth markets.,
- Very strong communication skills in both oral and written form
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with XML technologies and standards (XSLT, XPath, DTD, XSD, etc.) (6+ years)
- Oracle and SQL Server Database platforms (3+ years)
- Oracle WebLogic and/or IBM WebSphere Middleware with JAVA, PL/SQL, Forms & Reports, SOA, OBIEE & OPA (3+ years)
Nice to Have
- Bilingual in French or Spanish (oral & written)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible work schedules & collaborative workspaces
- Commuter benefits
- Career development
- International assignments
- Various social and team activities
Founded in 1994, Equisoft is a global provider of advanced digital solutions in life insurance and wealth management. Recognized as a valued partner by over 50 of the world’s leading financial institutions in 15 countries, Equisoft offers innovative front-end applications, extensive back office services and a unique data migration expertise. The firm’s industry-leading products include CRM, financial needs analysis, asset allocation, quotes and illustrations, electronic application, and client & advisor portal. Equisoft is also Oracle’s main global partner for the Oracle Insurance Policy Administration platform. With its business-driven approach, deep industry knowledge, state-of-the-art technology, and a growing team of over 350 specialized resources based in the USA, Canada, Latin America, South Africa and India, Equisoft helps financial institutions tackle any challenge in this new era of digital disruption.
We thank you for your interest in our company and we guarantee that all submitted applications will be considered. Only those whose applications are selected will be contacted for interview purposes. Due to the nature of its products and services, Equisoft will perform thorough background checks prior to confirming one’s employment. Priority will be given to applicants for employment in the US and must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States