Equisoft, a leading global provider of digital business solutions for the insurance and wealth industries, is actively seeking new talent!
The Functional Developer reports to the Manager, Functional Development and works closely with the Hyderabad team. The Functional Developer has superior analytical skills, insurance industry knowledge, and a good acquaintance with programming concepts and databases. If you have experience in the insurance industry and like a good challenge, and a person who is looking to grow within a dynamic international context, please send us your resume!
A Day In Your Life
- Configure business processes based on defined business requirements
- Configure product features (such as calculations) based on product specifications
- Product setup & load product rates and define product parameters
- Configure access and security roles
- Configure Web services, Data Intake and ability to test
- Use OIPA (Oracle Insurance Policy Administration) built-in functionality where possible to meet business requirements
- Work with the technical team to ensure integration points are supported through configuration
- Maintain and grow insurance industry and technical knowledge competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree with science as a major (preference given to Mathematics, Computer Science, and Information Systems)
- 5+ years of experience in the insurance and/or information technology industries
- Programming experience; specifically in procedural programming
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Strong understanding of SQL and general database concepts (query building and optimization)
- Strong sense of organization and prioritizing
- General understanding of the various insurance and/or annuity products
- Ability to communicate, write and synthesize information
- Experience with Insurance Policy Administration is a strong asset
- Knowledge of French/ Spanish is an asset
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits packages
- Flexible work schedules & collaborative workspaces
- Carrer development
- International assignments
- Various social and team activities
Founded in 1994, Equisoft is a global provider of advanced digital solutions in life insurance and wealth management. Recognized as a valued partner by over 50 of the world’s leading financial institutions in 15 countries, Equisoft offers innovative front-end applications, extensive back office services and a unique data migration expertise. The firm’s industry-leading products include CRM, financial needs analysis, asset allocation, quotes and illustrations, electronic application, and client & advisor portal. Equisoft is also Oracle’s main global partner for the Oracle Insurance Policy Administration platform. With its business-driven approach, deep industry knowledge, state-of-the-art technology, and a growing team of over 350 specialized resources based in the USA, Canada, Latin America, South Africa and India, Equisoft helps financial institutions tackle any challenge in this new era of digital disruption.
We thank you for your interest in our company and we guarantee that all submitted applications will be considered. Only those whose applications are selected will be contacted for interview purposes. Due to the nature of its products and services, Equisoft will perform thorough background checks prior to confirming one’s employment.