Equisoft is searching for a Solutions Architect. The ideal candidate has superior technical skills implementing enterprise Java-based solutions considering the following concepts: designing enterprise integration patterns, scalability, performance/load testing and proper infrastructure sizing, in both Windows and Linux environments.
Due to the client-facing and consulting aspects of the position, the candidate also must possess strong communication skills in both verbal and written form and be willing to work in fast-pace, dynamic work environment. Knowledge of the insurance industry is a definite plus.
A Day In Your Life
- Support the integration aspects of implementing web services, services oriented architecture solutions (SOA) or event driven architecture solutions (EDA)
- Design and Deliver application integration patterns between product suites and custom integration with ESB and legacy systems
- Understands Data mapping and transformation tasks using XML technologies and tools
- Communicate with business users (BAs and SMEs) to refine business requirements
- Work jointly with and the client’s SOA architects, DBAs, and system integrators
- Create technical documentation
Skills and abilities
- Excellent understanding of enterprise integration patterns
- Ability to abstract blueprints out of successful client implementations
- Excellent understanding of integration point standards (REST, WSDL, SOAP, XSD, WS-*, OAuth)
- Understands SDLC, related requirements and CI/CD pipelines
- Understand Secure Development Lifecycle (Authentication, authorization, cryptography, PII)
- Able to correctly size infrastructure components according to non-functional requirements and other related dependencies such as virtualization.
- Excellent knowledge of database concepts (Operational DB, ODS, Data Warehousing, DataMart) and structure (RDBMS vs NoSQL, normalized vs de-normalized)
- Ability to lead technical meetings, both internally and with clients
- Ability to self-start, multi-task, and manage conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- S in computer science, engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with enterprise architecture and SOA
- Experience in Java programming and system development life cycle methodology
- Experience in information/data analysis and data modeling
- Experience with XML technologies and standards (XLS, XPath, DTD, XSD, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of ACORD standard, Oracle and/or Microsoft database, ETL tools (Informatica, ODI, etc.), Application Server (WebSphere, WebLogic) and Linux proficiency are all assets
- Knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits packages
- Flexible work schedules & collaborative workspaces
- Career development
- International assignments
- Various social and team activities
Founded in 1994, Equisoft is a global provider of advanced digital solutions for the insurance and wealth management industries. Recognized as a valued partner by some of the world’s leading financial institutions, Equisoft offers innovative front-end applications, extensive back office services and unique data migration expertise. The firm’s industry-leading products include WealthElements, InsuranceElements, Kronos Finance, Kronos FNA, Personal Retirement Optimizer and RetireWare. With its business-driven approach, deep industry knowledge and state-of-the-art technology, Equisoft helps financial institutions tackle any challenge in this new era of digital disruption. Equisoft has a growing team of nearly 400 specialized resources based in the USA, Canada, Latin America, South Africa and India.
We thank you for your interest in our company and we guarantee that all submitted applications will be considered. Only those whose applications are selected will be contacted for interview purposes. Due to the nature of its products and services, Equisoft will perform thorough background checks prior to confirming one’s employment.