Equisoft is actively seeking new talent! Equisoft is currently looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our team in Cape Town as a Technical Specialist.
The ideal candidate has superior technical skills for Java software development, databases, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), data transformation tools, the ability to adapt to varying project requirements, and the willingness to learn and adapt. Knowledge of the insurance industry is a definite plus.
A Day In Your Life
- Support the integration aspects of implementing web services, services oriented architecture solutions (SOA) or event driven architecture solutions (EDA)
- Deliver application integrations between product suites and custom integration with ESB and legacy systems
- Contribute to Data mapping and transformation tasks using XML technologies and tools
- Develop integration modules and web services using Java programming language
- Communicate with business users (BAs and SMEs) to refine business requirements
- Work jointly with and the client’s SOA architects and system integrators
- Create technical documentation
- Combination of Java and Database SQL skills
- Java programming: J2EE/EE7/EE6, OO design/analysis, web services (Axis 2, Metro), unit testing
- Good understanding of the industry standards for SOA (WSDL, SOAP, XML Schema, WS-*)
- Good knowledge of SQL and general database concepts
- Participate to load, performance and regression Testing
- Ability to self-start, multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Degree/ Diploma/ NQF 6 in Business Science, Information Systems, Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with enterprise architecture and SOA
- Experience in Java programming and system development life cycle methodology
- Experience in information/data analysis and data modeling
- Experience with XML technologies and standards (XLS, XPath, DTD, XSD, etc.)
- Experience with Java Application Servers (e.g. WebSphere and WebLogic)
- English fluency.
- Nice to have-Knowledge of ACORD standard
- Nice to have-French fluency is an asset
- Nice to have-Oracle and SQL Server Database platforms
- Nice to have-ETL tools (Informatica, ODI, etc.)
- Nice to have-Application Server (WebSphere, WebLogic)
- Nice to have-Linux knowledge
Founded in 1994, EquiSoft offers innovative business solutions to its clients in the insurance and wealth management industries to support their growth by taking advantage of new technologies. Our firm develops and markets innovative front-end applications (InsuranceElementsTM and WealthElementsTM) recognized as having industry-leading user interface and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to being an Oracle OIPA integration partner for more than 15 carriers globally. To complete this unique offering, EquiSoft also brings extensive experience in data migration through its subsidiary, Universal Conversion Technologies (UCT) and is currently implementing life insurance systems in multiple countries. Recipient of the 2016 Outstanding Service Provider Award by Wealth Professionals and finalist for the 2016 Outstanding Service Provider Award by Insurance Business, EquiSoft has a growing team of nearly 250 specialized professionals based in Canada, the United States, Chile, South Africa and India.
We thank you for your interest in our company and we guarantee that all submitted applications will be considered. Only those whose applications are selected will be contacted for interview purposes. Due to the nature of its products and services, EquiSoft will perform thorough background checks prior to confirming one’s employment.