Studio Terms & Conditions
End User License Agreement
Please Read Carefully
- A. Agreement. By accessing or otherwise using this program, you agree to be bound by the terms of this End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not use or access this program.
- B. What this EULA Covers. This EULA covers the RuleStudio™ software program and may include associated media, hardware, printed materials, and electronic documentation (collectively, the ” Program”).
- C. Meaning of “You.” If the person accessing this Program is an individual using it for his or her own purposes, “you” means the person using this software. If the person accessing this Program is doing so in furtherance of the purposes of another person, including an organization (whether or not the employer of the person) then “you” means both the person accessing this software and the other person, including an organization. No person accessing the software for another may do so unless the person accessing the software is authorized to bind the other person, including an organization, and failure to be so authorized will result in unauthorized use of the software subject to civil and criminal consequences.
- D. The Parties to this EULA. This EULA is a legal agreement between you and EquiSoft, a corporation incorporated under the laws of the Province of Quebec, Canada. (“EQUISOFT”), located at 111 Duke Street, Suite 4500, Montreal, Quebec, H3C 2M1.
- E. Nature of this EULA. The Program is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Program is licensed, not sold.
- 1. GRANT OF LICENSE.
EQUISOFT grants to you a nonexclusive license to use Program as provided in the accompanying documentation. This license permits one specific natural person to access and use the Program. This is not a seat- or session-based license. Once a natural person begins use of the Program, the license is permanently associated with that named natural person and no other person may use the Program without procuring from EQUISOFT another license for that other person.
All right, title and interest in and to the Program shall at all times remain exclusively vested in EquiSoft and/or its suppliers, including, without limitation, all copyrights, patents and the right to apply for patents, trade secrets and other intellectual and industrial property rights. Subject to the licenses granted under this Agreement, and without limiting the foregoing, EquiSoft expressly reserves all right, title and interest in and to all compilations, selections, arrangements, portions, extracts, adaptations, enhancements, customizations and deliveries of the Program, including, without limitation, all objects, portions of the Program’s programming foundation and inherited characteristics as may be generated through the use of the Program in the creation of the application programs.
YOU MAY NOT REGISTER TO USE THIS PROGRAM, OR ALLOW ANY OTHER PERSON TO USE THE PROGRAM UNDER YOUR REGISTRATION, IF YOU OR SUCH OTHER PERSON OWN(S) OR REPRESENT(S) A PRODUCT THAT COMPETES WITH THE PROGRAM. AS USED HEREIN, THE TERM “REPRESENT” MEANS THAT YOU (OR SUCH OTHER PERSON) ARE/IS AN EMPLOYEE OF, CONSULTANT TO, OR HAVE/HAS A CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP TO PROVIDE GOODS OR SERVICES TO THE PERSON OR ENTITY THAT OWNS OR MANAGES THE COMPETING PRODUCT.
- 2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
Individual User Accounts. Every person who accesses the Program must do so with a single named user account that is personally associated and only used by him or her. If the access to the Program requires a password, the end user is responsible for protecting and securing his/her password from unauthorized use and disclosure. Should the end user suspect that his/her password has been stolen or there has been unauthorized access to his/her account by third parties, the end user must immediately change his/her password and notify EquiSoft.
Registration Requirements. In consideration of your use of the Program, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (such information being “Your Data”). If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or EQUISOFT has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, EQUISOFT has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Program, or any portion thereof.
Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, Disassembly and Translation. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or translate the Program.
Separation of Components. The Program is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer and must be presented to the user in the whole form as distributed by EQUISOFT or its designated suppliers.
Rental or Sale. Without exception, you may not rent, sell, lease, lend or provide commercial or fee-based hosting services for the Program or otherwise charge any type of access fee to users in exchange for access to the Program.
Trademarks. This EULA does not grant you any rights in connection with any trademarks or service marks of EQUISOFT.
Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, EQUISOFT may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must immediately stop accessing the Program and destroy all copies of the Program and all of its component parts in your possession or under your control.
- 3. COPYRIGHT
Except for the limited license rights granted in this EULA, all right, title, and interest in and to the Program, the accompanying printed materials, if any, and any copies of the Program are owned by EQUISOFT. All rights in and to the content that may be accessed through use of the Program is the property of the respective content owners and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants no rights to use such content. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by EQUISOFT.
- 4. WARRANTIES
EQUISOFT MAKES NO WARRANTIES HEREUNDER, AND EQUISOFT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO EQUISOFT DEALER, AGENT OR EMPLOYEE IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS WARRANTY.
- 5. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This EULA is governed by and shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec and the Federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- 6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; SEVERABILITY
This EULA is the entire agreement between you and EQUISOFT relating to the Program, and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the Program.
EQUISOFT reserves the right to change this licensing agreement at any time.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, YOU UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT, AND YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY USING THE PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS EULA. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT, EXCEPT FOR SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENTS, IF ANY, BETWEEN EQUISOFT AND YOU SIGNED BY BOTH EQUISOFT AND YOU, THIS AGREEMENT IS A COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE RIGHTS AND LIABILITIES OF THE PARTIES.